French Quarter Green Bean Casserole
- 3 (9 oz.) packages frozen French-style green beans
- 3 tblsp. butter or margarine
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups. (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 oz.) package slivered almonds
- Cook green beans according to package directions, drain. Melt margarine in a dutch oven, add soup and cream cheese.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, stir in green beans, onion flakes, water chestnuts, garlic salt, pepper, and Cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole.
- Top with almonds; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375 deg. for 45 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0