French Onion Soup
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cups carmelized onions with juice.
- 4 deli slices of Swiss Cheese
- 2 cups flavored croutons
- 4 tsp. Parmesan cheese or more
- Place broiler rack 6″ from heat and turn on the broiler.
- Remove any visible fat from the beef broth and pour it into a 4 qt pan. High heat. Add chicken broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and thyme. Stir well cover and bring to a boil.
- When the broth boils add the carmelized onions and cover. Reduce the heat to medium and boil for 1 minute to incorporate the onion flavor. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Divide the soup among 4 ovenproof bowls and sprinkle each bowl with 1/2 cup croutons. Lay a cheese slice over the croutons. Sprinkle each cheese slice with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Place the bowls on a baking sheet and put under the broiler for 1 minute or until the cheese melts.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0