Flat Apple Pie
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 c shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, separated
- corn flakes
- apples, thinly sliced
- Blend shortening, flour & salt
- Mix egg yolk and enough milk to make 2/3 c liquid; beat slightly. Add to flour- shortening mixture. Mix lightly. Divide dough in half.
- Roll 1/2 out and lay in jelly roll pan. Cover bottom crust with 2-3 handfuls of corn flakes. Place apples over corn flakes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar and dot with butter. Roll out top crust and cover apples.
- Brush top crust with beaten egg whites.
- Bake 375° one hour.
- Make glaze with 2/3 c powdered sugar vanilla, and milk.
- Spread on pastry while hot
Share & Print
0 0 100 0