Flaky Butter Pie Crust-Emeril’s Pie Crust
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup cold lard
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the butter and lard and work it in your hands until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the water, a little at a time, using your hands until the dough comes together in the palm of your hand. Do not over work the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to desired thickness
Share & Print
0 0 100 0