Five Minute Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers or dry plain bread crumbs (crush the crackers in a blender or a large plastic bag with a rolling pin)
- 3 T canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9″ pie plate lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Combine the crumbs and oil in a small bowl until well blended. Press mixture firmly and evenly into prepared pie plate, across the bottom and just slightly up the sides. Spray crumb surface lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, until just golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and add filling.
- Raise oven temperature to 425F while you make filling.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 4 organic egg whites
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth. Alternately, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk by hand until smooth.
- Pour filling into baked crust (crust does not have to be cool).
- Bake for 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
- Cool pie on a rack.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0