Felicia Batten’s Fried Pies
- 2 c sifted self-rising flour
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 2 Tbsp Crisco
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- canned fruit (apples, peaches or pears)
- Into the flour, baking powder and salt cut in the Crisco. Mix egg yolk, milk and sugar then add to the flour mixture.
- With a rolling pin, roll out to a quarter inch on a floured surface. Cut in 4 inch squares.
- Spoon on a little bit of fruit, remembering that you are going to fold them point to point, so they’ll come out like triangles. Fold over the fruit and seal edges with a fork. Repeat till all the dough is gone.
- Fry in a skillet with about an inch of very hot shortening until brown
Share & Print
0 0 100 0