Falafel (Basic Recipe)
- 2 c Garbanzo Beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 c Water
- 1 sl Wheat Bread, crustless firm, -torn into pieces
- 1 tb Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 ts Baking Soda
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tb Parsley, freshly chopped
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 ts Cumin
- 1/2 ts Turmeric
- 1/4 ts Basil
- 1/4 ts Marjoram
- 1 tb Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste) or Olive Oil
- Puree the garbanzos in a food processor or in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients, except the flour and mix well. The mixture will be soft.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls or patties and coat with flour.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. T
- o make a falafel sandwich, cut a piece of pita bread in half and put 2 to 3 falafel balls or patties into the open halves.
- Add lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomatoes, green onions and low-fat Yogurt Dressing or Tahini Dressing.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0