Escarole and Bean Soup
- 1/2 cup small elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 to 19 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 large head escarole (10 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- In 2-quart saucepan, prepare pasta in boiling water as label directs, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mash 1/2 cup beans until almost smooth. In 4-quart saucepan, heat chicken broth and 3 cups water to boiling over high heat.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta, mashed and whole beans, and escarole to broth mixture; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until escarole is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pesto.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0