- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves (about 3-oz) OR half of a 10-oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, OR one 10-oz pkg frozen cut broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot butter and olive oil over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth, spinach, potatoes, broccoli, oregano, dry mustard, salt, nutmeg and hot pepper salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover, simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender container or food-processor bowl. Cover; blend or process until smooth. Return to pan. Stir in milk. Heat through.
- Serve with croutons, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0