Eggnog Vanilla Pie
- 2 cups crushed vanilla cookies
- 1/2 lb. melted margarine
- 1 pkg. vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 Tbsp. gelatin (unflavored)
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp. sherry wine
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine crushed cookies and melted margarine, press evenly in 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Combine pudding mix, gelatin, salt and nutmeg in saucepan. Mix egg yolks and milk together, add to pudding mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat, add sherry.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, add to hot pudding mixture folding carefully. Chill until slightly thickened, fold in whipped cream
- Pour into cool pie shell. Chill until firm. Garnish with additional whipped cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0