- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice or see bottom
- 4 eggs separated
- juice of 2 lemons
- lemon slices for garnish
- stewed chicken breasts (optional) *
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, salt to taste, add rice and simmer (or pasta beads) covered for 20 minutes then remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, add yolks and beat well.
- Slowly add lemon juice to eggs, beating constantly, then add 2 cups of hot chicken broth. Do not stop beating. Constant beating prevents curdling and that’s the secret of this soup.
- When eggs and broth are well mixed, pour this mixture back into remaining broth & rice. Stir well over heat, but do not allow to boil.
- Serve at once, garnish with thinly sliced lemons.
- Cut up some chicken if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0