About 16 brownies
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process black cocoa*
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process or natural cocoa*
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
STEP BY STEP:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, vegetable oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients (carefully — as you know, cocoa tends to form a dark cloud over the mixer if you’re not gentle), stirring until everything is well combined.
- Scrape the batter into a lightly greased 9 x 9-inch pan, and bake the brownies in a preheated 350�F oven for about 35 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan until they’re just barely warm before cutting. Yield: about 16 delightful brownies.