Easy Pecan Rolls
Try Hodgson Mill unbleached white flour in place of regular all-purpose flour. You’ll get great results from this naturally white, stone-milled all-purpose flour.
2 cups Hodgson Mill white flour, sifted
3 teaspoons Clabber Girl or Rumford Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons shortening
2/3 cup milk (about)
6 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Cream 6 tablespoons brown sugar and 3 tablespoons butter until well blended. Spread in bottom of well-greased muffin pans and place 3 to 4 pecan halves on top of this mixture.
2. Make Rumford Baking Powder Biscuits as in Basic Recipe, using 4 tablespoons shortening.
3. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup brown sugar.
4. Roll as for jelly roll and cut in 1 inch slices and place cut sides down in prepared muffin pans.
5. Bake in moderately hot oven (425° F.) 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 18 small rolls.