Easy Cheese Soup
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 2 Tbsps chopped yellow onion (about 1/4 of an onion)
- 3 Tbsps flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sharp grated Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat a 3-quart pot on medium heat. Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the onion and stir slowly but constantly until onions are soft but not brown (spear a piece or two and taste if in doubt).
- Mix in the flour and blend thoroughly, stirring constantly. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly add the broth and milk, stirring constantly until the soup almost reaches the boiling point (tiny bubbles will begin to form a ring around the edge of the pot).
- At this point, stir in the grated cheese and whisk it until it has melted. Season to taste with salt, and garnish if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0