- 1 chayote squash, cut into – ½-inch cubes and
brushed lightly with olive oil*
- 1 16-ozs. package of frozen carrot coins
- 1 tsp. (2 cloves) garlic, minced – 1 16-ozs. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 16-ozs. can evaporated skim milk
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Roast squash in a preheated 400° oven for 30 minutes, or until the cubes start to blacken around the edges. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium pot on medium-low heat, steam carrots according to package directions. Transfer cooked carrots to a blender, and add garlic and chicken broth.
- Puree the mixture until smooth, and then return it to the pot and turn the heat on low. Stir in the milk and the pepper, and bring the soup to a simmer. Ladle the soup into bowls.
- For garnish, add a spoonful of roasted chayote squash to the center of each bowl.
Summer Squash and Yellow Zucchini can be substituted for Chayote Squash
Share & Print
0 0 100 0