Earl’s Red Beans And Rice
- 1 lb. Camellia red kidney beans
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- salt to taste
- 1 lb. ham seasoning
- 5 toes garlic, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper (medium), chopped
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Wash and drain red beans and put into a heavy iron pot or aluminum Dutch oven, cover beans with water (about 1 quart).
- Render meat in skillet, remove meat and set aside.
- Saute onions, celery, green pepper and parsley in ham fat until tender, mix with beans, meat, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper, boil gently, stirring occasionally for about 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add water to beans while cooking, if necessary. If bean gravy is too thin, add a small amount of cornstarch dissolved in water to the beans to the desired thickness.
- Serve over steamed rice. Serve hot sausage or pork
Share & Print
0 0 100 0