Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
Each serving contain about 290 calories
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup blanched almonds
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup candied citron
- 1/2 cup candied orange or lemon peel
- 1/2 cup candied red cherries, chopped
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp orange-flavored liqueur
- 4 large eggs
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 300� F. Grease and flour an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, allspice and cinnamon. In a food processor with a knife blade attached, combine 1/3 cup almonds and 1/4 cup sugar. Process until almonds are finely ground. In a medium bowl, mix ground-almond mixture, raisins, currants, citron, orange peel and cherries.
- In a large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and butter until well blended. Increase speed to medium-high and beat 5 minutes, or until light and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange liqueur. Reduce speed to low, beat in flour mixture until blended (batter will be thick). Stir in fruit mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Arrange remaining 1/3 cup almonds on top of batter. Bake 2 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cover pan loosely with foil after 1 hour to prevent top from overbrowning.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes. With a small knife, loosen cake from sides of pan; remove pan side. Cool completely on wire rack. When cool, remove pan bottom and wrap cake in plastic wrap and then in foil. Let stand overnight before serving.