Dublin’s Finest Caramel Apple Cake
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter/margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz carton heavy whipped Cream, dividedCake:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped, peeled apple
- 1 pkg applecinnamon quick breadmix
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp irish whiskey or waterTopping:
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp irish Whiskey, if desired
- part of the heavy whipping cream
- cinnamon, if desired
STEP BY STEP:
- Heat oven to 350F. In small sauce pan over low heat, combine brown sugar, butter and 2 TBS whipping cream. Cook and stir just until butter is melted. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Pour mixture into bottom of ungreased 9-in round cake pan or 9-in square pan. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients. Stir 50-75 strokes by hand until mix is moistened. Carefully spoon batter over caramel mixture, making sure caramel is completely covered. Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute; invert onto serving plate. Cool.
- Just before serving, in small bowl, beat remaining whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and whiskey. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream mixture on top of cake. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Store in refrigerator.