Drunken Bean Soup (Big batch)
- 3/4 lb. bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 Large onions, chopped
- 6 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (12 oz.) bottles dark beer
- 3 c. beef broth
- 3 Large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 c. FRESH cilantro, chopped
- 3 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (wear gloves; they sting)
- 1 T. sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole small clove garlic (optional)
- In large pot, fry bacon until crisp. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onions to pot and cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Add bacon, beans, beer, broth, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapenos and sugar and the optional clove of garlic. Season with salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for approximately 1 1/2 hours, removing the clove of garlic after the first hour.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0