2 cups sifted flour
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons melted shortening
1. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar together.
2. Combine beaten egg, milk and shortening together and pour into dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten.
3. Use a teaspoon to dip batter into small greased muffin pans.
4. Bake in a hot oven (400° F.) for 15-20 minutes.
5. While hot, dip in melted butter and roll in mixture of 4 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Serve hot.
Makes 24 small muffins.