Double Topped Brownies
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines double fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nutsFrosting:
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tbsp milkTopping:
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate (@ 1 oz)
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat oven to 350�. Grease bottom of 13×9″ pan.
- Make brownies: Combine mix, fudge packet from mix, eggs, oil & water in a large bowl. Stir with spoon till well blended(about 50 strokes). Fold in coconut & nuts. Spread in pan; bake for 27 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Make frosting: Combine sugar, butter & vanilla. Stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is of spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies. refrigerate till frosting is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Make topping: Melt chocolate & 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl over hot water, stir till smooth(can also be done in microwave). Drizzle over frosting, refrigerate again till chocolate is firm, about 15 minutes. Cut into bars.