You don’t need a campfire, wire hangers or long sticks to make this popular marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker dessert. Steven Spielberg’s Dive! chain of theme restaurants is the inspiration for this week’s clone recipe, pulled from the third TSR book, Top Secret Restaurant Recipes (which includes other clones from the chain as well). You need only four ingredients, an oven with a broiler, and a serious sweet tooth to put together this delicious dessert previously enjoyed only camping trips and at beach parties.
2 whole graham crackers (4 sections, not separated)
two 1 1/2-ounce Hershey milk chocolate bars
16 large marshmallows
2 tablespoons Hershey’s chocolate syrup, in squirt bottle
1. Preheat the broiler. Arrange the graham crackers side by side on an oven-safe plate (such as ceramic). You can also use a baking sheet.
2. Stack the milk chocolate bars side by side on top of the graham crackers.
3. Arrange the marshmallows on the chcocolate in 4 rows — 4 across, 4 down.
4. Broil the dessert on the middle rack for 1 to 3 minutes or until the marshmallows turn light brown on top.
5. Remove the dessert from the oven. If you used a baking sheet, carefully slide the dessert onto a serving plate. With the squirt bottle, immediately drizzle the chocolate syrup over the marshmallows in a sweeping back-and-forth motion. Drizzle the chocolate diagonally across the dessert one way, and then the other, creating a cross-hatch pattern. Allow the chocolate to over-shoot the dessert so that it creates a decorative pattern on the serving plate as well. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)