Dijon Blackened Chicken Salad
- 4 cups pasta shells, uncooked
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4-ounces each
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons Granny Smith apples, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water; drain again and set aside.
- When pasta is cool, toss with salad greens, peppers, corn, and onion in a large bowl and set aside.
- Set oven to broil. Pound chicken between wax paper sheets until ¼-inch thick. Spread mustard evenly over chicken. Combine oat bran, cheese and thyme. Lightly coat chicken with oat bran mixture.
- Spray bottom of roasting pan with cooking spray. Place coated chicken in roasting pan and cook approximately 5 inches below broiler for about 3 minutes on each side or until meat turns white.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and set aside. Blend dressing ingredients (juice concentrate, vinegar, mustard, apples, cilantro, sugar, cayenne) together at high speed in food processor or blender.
- Toss pasta salad with dressing, top with chicken strips and serve with a the garlic toast shown above for a complete, healthy meal.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0