Dessert Tostada W/ Fresh Fruit, Cajeta, & Hot Fudge
- 6 6-inch Flour tortillas
- 1 pint Strawberries — cleaned,quartered
- 1 Mangos — peel & 1/2-inch dic
- 1 Papayas — peel & 1/2-inch dic
- 1 pint Raspberries — cleaned
- 2 Bananas — halved, sliced
- 1/2 cup Green grapes — cut in half
- 1/2 cup Red grapes — cut in half
- 6 sprigs Mint
- 4 cups Custard — See Recipe
- 2 cups Cajeta — See Recipe
- 1 cup Fudge sauce — See Recipe
- In a one-gallon sauce pot, heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Prick numerous holes in flour tortillas. Place one tortilla at a time inside an 8-ounce ladle. Place another 8-ounce ladle on top of tortilla and slowly lower into vegetable oil.
- Once tortilla begins to brown, about 10 to 15 seconds, remove from ladle and flip tortilla over. Continue to cook for 5 to 10 more seconds. Repeat this method with the remaining tortillas. Let tortillas drain, upside-down, until ready to assemble.
- Prepare the “Vanilla Custard,” “Cajeta,” and “Hot Fudge Sauce” recipes before assembling the tostada cups.
- Combine fruit in a bowl and gently mix. Evenly distribute fruit into the six tostada shells. Ladle 3 to 4 ounces of the Vanilla Custard mix over the fruit, filling tostada to 1/4 inch below the rim.
- Brown top of custard under a broiler or use a propane torch.
- Ladle 2-3 ounces of cajeta onto each plate. Place tostada in the middle of the plate and drizzle with hot fudge. Garnish each tostada with a mint sprig and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0