Derby Day Grits
- 6 c water
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c quick grits
- 1/2 c butter
- cayenne pepper
- 2 – 6 oz rolls garlic cheese spread
- 3 eggs separated
- Preheat oven to 450
- In a 4 quart pan, combine the water and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then gradually add the grits.
- Cook over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the butter, cayenne, and the cheese spread, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Stir in the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour – until it begins to set.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0