Delightful Peach Pie
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon each: lemon juice and peach-flavored brandy or water
- 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each, ground cinnamon and ginger
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 6 pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
- Combine tapioca, juice and brandy in a 2-quart glass measure or casserole. Let stand while preparing peaches.
- Add peaches, sugar, cinnamon and ginger.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes; stir. Microwave on high 3 to 4 minutes or until the liquid bubbles around the edges.
- Pour filling into the crust. Sprinkle with cookies.
- Let stand 1 hour or until set.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0