Delicious Steak Soup
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 lbs lean boneless round steak, cut into 1″ pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t (heaping) cracked pepper
- 1/2 t paprika
- 2 1/2 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked (about 6 ozs.)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ozs.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add meat. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Brown meat on all sides, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, cracked pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender and noodles are cooked.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls. Top each serving with shredded cheese.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0