Delicious Reuben Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 4 teaspoons instant beef bouillon or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 pound corned beef, shredded
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 3 cups half and half or light cream
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 -8 slices rye or pumpernickel bread, toasted and cut into triangle quarters
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in water and bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add corned beef, sauerkraut, cream, and 1 cup of the cheese. Cook for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into 8 ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of bread and put 1/4 cup of the cheese on top of the bread. Place in oven under broiler until the cheese melts and lightly browns.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0