Delicious Mulligatawny Soup
- 3 1b broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 4 c water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground mace
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large all-purpose apple, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Heat chicken, giblets (except liver), neck, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until juices of chicken run clear.
- Remove chicken from broth. Cool chicken about 10 minutes or just until cool enough to handle. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces
- Skim fat from broth. Add enough water to broth, if necessary, to measure 4 cups.
- Heat margarine in Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion in margarine about 2 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth. Add chicken, tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0