- 4 lg Skinless, Boneless Chicken-Breast Halves (About 1 1/2 Pounds) 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Salad Oil
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1lg Clove Garlic, Crushed
- Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- With a meat mallet or dull edge of a French knife, pound each of the chicken breast halves to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut the chicken breasts, lengthwise, into 1-inch wide strips.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken strips, soy sauce, salad oil, molasses, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic and 2 Tbls lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak sixteen 6-inch long bamboo skewers in water to prevent charring when broiling.
- Preheat the broiler if the manufacturer directs. Thread the chicken strips onto the bamboo skewers.
- Place the bamboo skewers on the rack in a broiling pan. Brush generously with the marinade.
- Place the pan in the broiler at the closest position to the source of heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken just loses its pink color and is tender, turning the skewers once and brushing the chicken with the remaining marinade frequently.
- While the chicken is broiling, in a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, 2 Tbls lemon juice, and 1/2 cup hot water using a fork and mixing until smooth. Serve the chicken with this peanut sauce.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0