Delicious African Stew
- 4 small kohlrabies, peel & cut in chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peel & cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced thick
- 5 fresh tomatoes or 16 oz. canned
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, liquid included
- 1/2 cup couscous, or bulgar wheat
- 1/4 cup raisins, dark or golden
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups water
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Note: Serve the couscous separately, if desired. Parsnips may be substituted for the kohlrabi.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0