Deep Fried Bacon and Eggs Croquettes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon each pepper and nutmeg
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Dry bread crumbs
- Peel eggs and cut each into six wedges, refrigerate.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add flour, stirring to blend. Add milk and chicken broth.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Add seasonings and bacon bits.
- Coat egg wedges with sauce being careful not to dislodge yolks. Place on a buttered plate and refrigerate until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
- At serving time, dip coated egg wedges in egg and water mixture; roll in crumbs to completely cover.
- Deep fry 3 or 4 at a time, turning once, until desired brownness is reached. Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper. Repeat until all are cooked.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0