Death by Chocolate
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp double-acting baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg semisweet chocolate chips (@ 12 oz)
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature, quartered
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar
STEP BY STEP:
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda twice. Place in a small bowl. Beat the sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add butter and mix into egg mixture thoroughly. Add sour cream, water, vanilla extract, and beat. Add flour mixture and cocoa and beat slowly just until flour is absorbed. Do not overbeat.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour into buttered Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- When cool, sift powdered sufar on top.
Variation: Replace 1/4 cup of the water with Grand Marnier.