“Custard” Strawberry Pie
- 1 refrigerated unbaked 9 in. piecrust
- 2 C. sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (4 serving) package Jello-O sugar free vanilla cook and serve pudding mix
- 2/3 C Carnation nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 C. water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Place piecrust in a 9 in pie plate. Flute edges and prick bottom and sides. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Place pie plate on wire rack to cool.
- Evenly arrange strawberries in cooled crust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour hot pudding mixture over strawberries.
- Place pie plate on a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Can top with Cool Whip Lite
Share & Print
0 0 100 0