- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C. milk
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Bake at 450º for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Separate 1 egg, set the white aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the yolk and remaining eggs just till combined. Blend in sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir in milk.
- Beat reserved egg white till stiff peaks form. Fold into egg mixture.
- Pour carefully into pie shell. Cover edges of pie with foil. Bake at 350º for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15-20 minutes longer or till a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Store in refrigerator.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0