Curried Cream of Cauliflower/Apple Soup
- 2-1/4 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. saffron powder
- 1/2 cup Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups vegetable stock, warm
- 1/2 cup cream
- Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Sauté next 3 ingredients 2 minutes, stirring often. Add apple and sauté another 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, warm stock and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender. Add cream and cook 3 minutes until hot. Do not boil.
- Transfer soup in batches to a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Serve warm.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0