- 1 lb fresh ginger root, peeled
- water and sugar, as required
- 1/2 cup extra sugar
- Dry peeled ginger in a 140 degree (F) oven for
8-10 hours. Cool. Slice into 1/4 inch slivers
and place in saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Boil over medium heat until ginger is tender,
about 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Measure ginger slivers and place in saucepan with equal amounts
of sugar (about 3 cups) plus 3 tbsp of water. Simmer
ginger slowly until sugar is dissolved, stirring
- Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally
until ginger becomes transparent and syrup has
- Remove several slivers at a time with slotted spoon and place in paper bag
containing 1/2 cup sugar.
- Shake to coat then remove to rest on waxed paper.
- Store in an airtight glass jar.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0