Crunchy Peach Pie
- 3/4 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Pastry for single crust pie
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 – 16 or 17 oz. cans sliced peaches, drained and coarsely chopped
- Mix crushed wafers, almonds and butter; set aside.
- Line the bottom of a pastry-lined 9 inch pie plate with a double thickness of foil. (To hold down the pastry while baking). Bake in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs and lemon juice; stir in sugar. Fold fruit into egg mixture. Transfer fruit mixture to the partially baked pastry shell. Sprinkle with a little sugar. Sprinkle with a wafer mixture; cover edge with foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or till set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill to store.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0