Creole Garlic Soup
- 4 Large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cn Condensed beef broth (10.5-oz)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Dry sherry
- 4 Slices French bread
- 1/4 Cup Butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tb Grated Parmesan cheese
- Add garlic cloves to beef broth in saucepan; cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
- Remove garlic and reserve; add water and sherry to broth and heat to serving temperature.
- Toast bread on one side under broiler; remove and spread untoasted sides with butter.
- Mash reserved garlic and spread over bread; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil toast until brown and bubbly, about 30 seconds.
- Place a piece of toast in each of four soup bowls; ladle hot soup over and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0