Creamy Whole Wheat Crackers
Time to make:
Calories per Servings:
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup half-and-half or cream
STEP BY STEP:
- Preheat the oven to 325�. In a large bowl or in the food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Slowly add the half-and-half or cream and blend to form a dough that will hold together in a cohesive ball.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions for rolling. On a floured surface or pastry cloth, roll thin, at most 1/8 inch. The thinner these crackers are, the better. Cut out individual 2-inch crackers with a cookie cutter, juice can, or sharp knife and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- With the tines of a fork, prick each cracker 2 or 3 times. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning over once during baking.
- Cool the crackers on a rack until crisp.
To vary the texture, substitute 1/2 cup rolled oats, rye, barley, or wheat for an equal amount of flour.