Creamy Seafood Lasagna
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (with tops)
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. uncooked lasagna noodles (9 or 10 noodles)
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1 can (7 1/2 oz.) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 1/2 oz.) tiny shrimp, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the margarine in a 3 quart saucepan over low heat until melted. Add the garlic. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in mozzarella cheese, onions, basil and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce (about 1-1/2 cups) in an un-greased rectangular baking dish (13x9x2 inches)
- Top with 3 or 4 uncooked noodles, overlapping if necessary. Spread the cottage cheese over the noodles in dish. Repeat with 1/4 of the cheese sauce and 3 or 4 noodles. Top with crabmeat, shrimp, 1/4 of the cheese sauce and remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until the noodles are done, 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0