Creamy Sausage Stew
- 8-10 medium red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large white onions, quartered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lbs. smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 1 T. dried basil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 3 T. water
- Place potatoes in a 5 qt. roasting pan. Add onions, peppers and sausage; toss gently.
- Combine oil, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the meat and vegetables; toss well
- Cover and bake at 350º for 45 minutes; stir.
- Add the cream; cover and bake 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into stew. Place on stovetop and bring to a boil; stirring constantly until thickened.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0