Creamy Potato Soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 boiling potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs parsley, tied together with kitchen string
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, minced fresh, (optional)
- Place the butter and onion in a large soup kettle, set over low heat and cook until onions have softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, add the leek and cook 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and paprika and cook 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, thyme, herb bundle, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring the soup base to a boil, then cover and simmer 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Scoop out about 1 cup of the vegetables and mash them; then return them to the pot. Discard the herb bundle. (The soup may be prepared in advance up to this point)
- Stir in the heavy cream, season with salt and pepper to taste, and let the soup cook without simmering until hot throughout. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0