Creamy Potato Mushroom Soup
- 2 bacon slices
- 4 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 1/2 cups cubed Yukon Gold or baking potato
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; crumble and set aside
- Add mushrooms and shallots to bacon drippings in pan; sauté 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add potato and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until potato is very tender.
- Transfer potato mixture to a food processor; process until smooth. Return to pan. Add milk, mushroom mixture, sherry, salt, and pepper; cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with crumbled bacon.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0