- 1 pound moral mushrooms — or small whole mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion — minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- lemon pepper — to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- Melt the butter in a 3- to 4- saucepan and saute mushrooms until lightly
brown. Remove and reserve 1/3 of the mushrooms. Add the onion to the
saucepan and cook until limp.
- Mix in the flour and cook until it bubbles; add salt, pepper, and thyme. Remove from heat and slowly
add the broth while stirring.
- Place over low heat, stirring until soup boils gently. Cover and simmer for
about 15 minutes.
- Put the half and half into a pan and heat until it steams. Add the slightly
beaten egg and stir.
- Pour the egg mixture into the soup mixture and stir.
- Add the reserve mushrooms and cook till heated.
- Do not boil. Salt to taste.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0