- 2 1/2 lb. small white onions
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. thin cream or half milk and half cream
- 1/4 tsp. pepper nutmeg
- Peel and cook in water to cover until tender but still firm the small white onions.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, stir in flour. Slowly add cream, salt and pepper. Cook and stir sauce until thick and creamy.
- Add the drained cooked onions and heat just to boiling. Pour into a vegetable bowl and grate a touch of nutmeg over the top.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0