Creamed Chicken in Parsley and Olive Biscuit Ring
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped pimento
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1. Melt butter and stir in flour.
2. Gradually add milk and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Place over hot water to keep hot.
5. Just before serving add onion, pimento and diced chicken.
6. Pour into Biscuit Ring and serve hot.
1. Use Basic Rumford Baking Powder Biscuit recipe.
2. Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness and brush with melted butter.
3. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley and 12 finely chopped stuffed olives.
4. Roll as for jelly roll and cut in 1 inch slices and place cut side up in well greased ring mold pushed very close together.
5. Brush top with melted butter and bake in hot oven (450° F.) 15-20 minutes. Unmold onto a serving platter.