Cream of Walnut Soup
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups English Walnuts * finely chopped
- Dash each white pepper, celery powder, and nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups light cream
- * Pecans, cashews, peanuts, or macadamias may be substituted.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook one minute.
- Slowly whisk in stock. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Add walnuts, pepper, celery powder and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Heat through over low heat 5 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0