Cream of Potato Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 4 C. Finely Sliced and Diced Potatoes (peeled)
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 C. Finely Diced Yellow Onion
- 1/2 C. Finely Dice Celery
- 2 Cans Chicken Broth (14.5 oz)
- 1/4 C. Water
- 4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 + 1/4 C. Half and Half (add a little more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- Shredded Colby/Jack Cheese (garnish)
- On medium low heat in a 3 quart sauce pan sauté celery and onions with butter. Cook onions until clear and celery take care not to let onions brown.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes and water. Place on medium low heat and cook until potatoes are very soft and tender.
- When potatoes are done add chicken bouillon cubes and cook until cubes have been dissolved. Mash the potatoes slightly but leaving most of them in chunks. Reduce heat and add half and half, stir mixture. Add shredded sharp cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted and dissolved into mixture.
- Sprinkle sugar, pepper, and salt into soup, stir. Let soup simmer very slowly for 20 – 30 minutes taking care not to let soup scorch. When ready to serve garnish with shredded Colby, jack cheese and maybe a little parsley. Add a crisp salad and hard rolls and you have a wonderful meal.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0