Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c. margarine or butter***
- 1 1/2 c. milk, warmed
- 1 T. flour
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock or broth
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- Wash, rinse, trim and slice mushrooms. Melt half of margarine in saucepan; add mushrooms and cook 15 minutes
- In another pan, blend flour with reserved melted margarine; add warmed milk slowly stirring until smooth. Add all ingredients; simmer and cook about 5 more minutes.
Note:Real butter helps bring out the full hearty flavor of mushrooms, but margarine will do a fairly good job also.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0